History of Millwood shapes its present

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: February 9, 2013

The Winchester Star

Peg Simon of Strasburg is the manager of the Locke Store in Millwood. (Photo by Jeff Taylor/The Winchester Star)
The Burwell-Morgan Mill in Millwood was established in 1782 by Gen. Daniel Morgan and Col. Nathaniel Burwell. The town grew up around the mill in the 1780s.
This historical marker stands in front of the post office in Millwood. The steeple belongs to the Shiloh Baptist Church. (Photo by Jeff Taylor/The Winchester Star)

MILLWOOD — Time almost stands still in this small Clarke County community.

A quaintness pervades the unincorporated village just north of John Mosby Highway (U.S. 50), and many of its 19th-century...



To See This and Every Local Story from The Winchester Star, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story