No injuries reported in kitchen fire

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: July 23, 2013

Firefighters worked a kitchen fire Monday afternoon in the 100 block of Brookland Court in Frederick County. Assistant Fire Marshal Kenneth Scott said some items being heated on the townhouse’s stove caught fire, and caused damage to a microwave and a surrounding cabinet. The fire activated the home’s sprinklers, which put the blaze out, but subsequently caused some water damage. No injuries were reported, and Scott said the fire was ruled accidental. Here, firefighters pull electrical cords to the third-story townhouse to hook up ventilation fans to clear smoke from the residence. (Photo by Scott Mason/The Winchester Star)



To See This and Every Local Story from The Winchester Star, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story