Our View: The ‘other’ 1 percent

Posted: February 21, 2014

Earlier this week, George W. Bush — remember him? — weighed in with a speech about “the 1 percent.” His, however, was not “the 1 percent” referenced above.

This was the “other” 1 percent, a very special 1 percent — namely those Americans entrusted with keeping the rest of us, the 99 percent, safe and secure from harm.

Mr. Bush, of course, was talking about our nation’s military. His speech detailed the intent of the Military Service Initiative undertaken by his eponymous institute.

“We’re focused,” he said, “and we’ll be relentless in serving our vets.”

What a worthy, wonderful endeavor, for which the Bush Institute deserves credit.