Out of the Past

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: March 18, 2013

These men were the typesetters at The Winchester Star in the 1920s. At that time the newspaper was called The Winchester Evening Star and was on West Boscawen Street, across from City Hall. The typesetter on the left with the visor was Carl Barnett. Barnett’s nephew, Ed Barnett, provided this picture. The Star moved to its current location at 2 N. Kent St. in 1947.

100 years ago

HAYFIELD — This section of western Frederick is having its full quota of entertainment, and the young folks and the older ones, too, are kept on the qui vive, going from place to...



To See This and Every Local Story from The Winchester Star, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story