Out of the Past

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: September 30, 2013

Local resident Georgie Smith provided this photo of 414 S. Braddock St. in Winchester. Built in 1881 by the Aulick family, the house is the only original intact example of Second Empire architecture remaining in Winchester. The house is now owned by Martin and Claudette Gavis. Smith did not know what year this photo was taken.

100 years ago

Among the strangers to visit this city this summer, none attracted more attention than a family of little “bob whites,” which left their home in some of the nearby fields and...



To See This and Every Local Story from The Winchester Star, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story