Graduates of the Winchester Memorial Hospital School of Nursing pose on graduation day, Aug. 18, 1953, at the First Presbyterian Church. The graduates are (from left) first row: Betty Green, Patsy Barton, Ruth Grim, Marcelle Williams. Second row, Peggy Fleming, Winona Judy, Wilda Sirbaugh, and Wanda Good. Third row: Anna Dellinger Lowery, Pauline Richards, Delores Lewin, and Betty Keller. Fourth row: Louise Tate, Patricia Muse, Betty Vann, and Ann Moneymaker. Fifth row: Louise Kiser, Juanita Garrett, Janet Hmmock, and Betty Canter. The nursing school operated from the time the hospital opened in 1903 until 1964 when it moved to Shenandoah University. Juanita Garrett Carter (second from the left on the top row) provided the photo. She spent most of her nursing career at Winchester Memorial Hospital on Stewart Street and made the move to Winchester Medical Center. She retired in 1998.