Shed catches fire, explodes near home northeast of city

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: October 5, 2013

The Winchester Star

Firefighters spray water on trees that had been set ablaze when a nearby shed caught fire and exploded on Friday afternoon on property near Jordan Springs Road northeast of Winchester. (Photo by Scott Mason/The Winchester Star)

STEPHENSON — Fire played a part in destroying a shed in eastern Frederick County on Friday, and flammable material stored in the structure did the rest.

The 10- by 20-foot shed was near a house...



To See This and Every Local Story from The Winchester Star, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story