Woman injured as fire guts local dry cleaners

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: March 10, 2014

The Winchester Star

Firefighters stand outside Festival Cleaners after extinguishing a blaze that destroyed the business as well as damaging others in a shopping center on Fairfax Pike in Stephens City on Saturday. (Photo by Ginger Perry/The Winchester Star)
A firefighter exits the burned-out Festival Cleaners on Saturday. Garments removed from the business can be seen piled at left.
Burned and melted spools of thread sit on shelves at the Festival Cleaners in Stephens City. The fire, which started around 1:30 p.m. Saturday, destroyed the business and its contents. (Photo by Ginger Perry/The Winchester Star)

STEPHENS CITY — A woman suffered minor injuries when a dry cleaning business caught fire Saturday afternoon, gutting the building.

Young Lee’s hands were slightly burned and her hair was singed, ...



To See This and Every Local Story from The Winchester Star, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story