No one hurt but occupants are displaced in Frederick house fire
Posted: November 6, 2012
The Winchester Star
GAINESBORO — No one was injured Monday in a house fire on Siler Lane.
According to a Frederick County Fire and Rescue media release, firefighters responded to a blaze at 222 Siler Lane just after 11:45 a.m.
When crews arrived, they found that the fire was coming from the woodstove, and were able to extinguish the flames in about 25 minutes.
No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported to responders, according to the release, which indicated that the occupants are temporarily displaced.
Damages are estimated to cost about $3,000.
The release states that cracks in the home’s chimney allowed the fire to spread through the walls of the structure.
“We would like to remind residents of the importance of annual chimney maintenance and inspection by certified chimney sweeps,” the release states. “These professionals can ensure that the chimney is in proper working order and free of debris.”
Fire and rescue units from Round Hill, North Mountain, Gainesboro, Clear Brook, Gore and Reynolds Store, as well as Battalion 10 and the duty Fire Marshal responded to the blaze.
— Contact Melissa Boughton at firstname.lastname@example.org