- New Market Homeschool Day 2013
- The Virginia Museum of the Civil War and Home Educators Association of Virginia are pleased to present Homeschool Day 2013 at the Virginia Museum of the Civil War, 8895 George Collins Parkway, New Market, VA 22844 on Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Enjoy hands-on learning experiences for all ages. Join the Confederate Army and learn to drill, try dancing the Virginia Reel, have fun with 19th century games and crafts, watch the Emmy-award winning film, Field of Lost Shoes, take a guided tour through battlefield, learn 19th century foodways, and much more. Visit displays on wildlife at the Battlefield (keep an eye out for the Park’s resident bald eagles, wild turkeys, deer and other animals), protecting our waterways (don’t miss the spectacular views of the Shenandoah River from our overlooks) and others. Enjoy a lunch of sandwiches from Chick Fil-A and homebaked goodies from the food booth. Visit the General’s Store for a great selection of books and other items to further your educational goals as well as souvenirs of your visit. Registration opens on January 14, 2013. Limited space is available so register early. A special event rate of $3.00 per person, ages 6 and older, is available by registering at www.vmi.edu/newmarket or by calling 866-515-1864. The event is sponsored by Chick Fil-A, Green Valley BOOKFAIR, and Wendy’s. Contact: Stacey Nadeau NadeauSR@VMI.edu 866-515-1864
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday, March 23rd 2013
- Virginia Museum of the Civil War, 8895 George Collins Parkway, New Market Va. 22844
Virginia Museum of the Civil War 8895 George Collins Parkway New Market, VA 22844
- What is the cost?
- special event rate of $3.00 per person, ages 6 and older; 5 and under free
- Is this event family friendly?
- Contact Information
Name: Stacey Nadeau