- Galleries at Night
- On this day the MSV will be open from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. In recognition of Black History Month, the evening will feature the 7 p.m. lecture, “Sheridan’s Valley Missionaries: The Back Story,” by author and Shepherd University Professor Dawne Raines Burke, PhD. In her illustrated program, Burke will tell the story of Christian Commission missionaries who came to the Shenandoah Valley during the Civil War and their subsequent founding of Storer College—one of the nation’s first colleges for African Americans—in Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. A book signing will follow the lecture. The café will serve dinner, tea, and dessert from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Wine and beer will be for sale, too. Lecture seating is first-come, first-served; tickets will be available beginning at 4 p.m.
Free to MSV Members and ages 12 & under; all others: $5 (includes gallery admission).
- Friday, February 8th 2013
- Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
- What is the cost?
- Free to MSV Members; Free to 12 & under; All others $5
- Is this event family friendly?