- "Shattered" A compelling survival story, by Debra Puglisi Sharp
- "Shattered" is an indelible book written by Debra Puglisi Sharp that shows a portrait of hope, determination, and the agonizing journey back to life. A compelling survival story—tragic and ultimately heroic—"Shattered" represents attempts to make sense of a senseless crime. “Debra lived every woman’s worst nightmare. As she tended roses in her garden in April of 1998, a factory worker with a cocaine habit slipped through an open door. When her husband returned from work, he was brutally shot to death and his body hidden in the Master Bedroom. Debra, upon later entering their home, was bludgeoned, raped and abducted by her husband’s murderer. Over a period of 101 hours, Debra was repeatedly raped, and help captive until her escape on the fifth day. Struggling to heal from her horrendous ordeal and the devastating loss of her husband, Debra also had to endure an agonizing court trial, the raw grief of her children, and her own crippling fear. Meet…Debra Puglisi Sharp as she tells you, “Surviving a Traumatic Event” can make you a survivor.
- Tuesday, November 12th 2013
- Shenandoah University's Center for Lifelong Learning
Shenandoah University's Main Campus Halpin Harrison Hall Stimpson Auditorium
- Is this a free event?
- What is the cost?
- Is this event family friendly?
- Contact Information
Name: Jo Miller