- First Blue Ridge Mountain Home Tour, Bluemont, Va.
- Take a step back in history and enjoy peak fall foliage while visiting historic properties on the high ridge above the village of Bluemont, Va., in the first Blue Ridge Mountain Home Tour. The tour is the public's first opportunity to see six historic homes and properties built between 1776 and 1910 in the Bear's Den Rural Historic District with stunning views of the Virginia Piedmont and Shenandoah River Valley. Proceeds from the tour will benefit the nonprofit organizations Boulder Crest Retreat for Wounded Warriors and Friend's of Bluemont's restoration of the Snickersville Academy (Bluemont's first schoolhouse, circa 1825.) This is a driving tour with guides stationed at all six locations. Ticket prices range from $20-$30.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 19th 2013
- Bear’s Crossing (tour check -in), Bear's Den Historic Rural District
Bear’s Crossing , 18623 Blueridge Mountain Road (Route 601), Bluemont, VA 20135
- What is the cost?
- $20 to $30
- Is this event family friendly?
- Contact Information
Name: Susan Fre