- Heritage Day: Women in Our Heritage
- Tap into your family history at this FREE event! Presented with the Shenandoah Valley Genealogical Society, Heritage Day will include presentations from research experts and information tables hosted by genealogical and historical societies and research organizations. At 10:45 a.m. Constance Potter, archivist from the National Archives in Washington, DC, will present “Gold Star Mothers.” At 1:45 p.m. Charles Mason, a certified genealogist, will explain how to research female ancestors, and at 3:30 p.m. a panel discussion will focus on women’s traditions and culture. Panelists include quilt expert Pamela Pampe, hair-jewelry collector Kay Cogswell, and Depression-era historian Nancy Thompson. Lecture seating is first-come, first-served; tickets will be available beginning at 10 a.m.
Heritage Day activities are free. Regular admission rates apply for gallery tours. Snow date: Saturday, January 26, 2013.
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, January 19th 2013
- The Museum of the Shanandoah Valley
901 Amherst Street
Winchester, VA 22601
- Is this a free event?
- Is this event family friendly?
- Contact Information
Name: Deborah Hilty