Ashburn Ice House is hosting “Skate N’ Celly,” celebrating 20 years of serving the community, on Saturday, August 24 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Ashburn Ice House, 21595 Smith Switch Road, Ashburn, VA. The public is invited to this FREE fun, family celebration. The event will take place rain or shine.
Guests can enjoy a variety of free activities including:
· skating with complimentary use of rental skates
· mini lessons for the first time skaters
· hockey shooting station provided by the Washington Capitals with Slapshot (Caps mascot)
· skate with a princess and Snowplow Sam from 11:30 a.m. – 12:10 p.m.
· skating and hockey demonstrations
· playground on the ice for kids ages 4-6
· balloon artists, temporary tattoos, face painting
· summer treats from the Dunkin’ Donuts Street Team Cruiser
· dunk tank (try dunking Ashburn Ice House employees and coaches)
· Inova Blood Donor Services: help with the local and national blood supply shortage by making your appointment to donate http://bit.ly/AIH0824
Visitors can enter a drawing to win a family 4-pack of Washington Capitals tickets, skating and hockey themed gift baskets and complimentary skating passes. Drawing will take place at 1:15 p.m.; winners must be present to win. The first 100 attendees will receive a free t-shirt.
Pomodoros is offering $1.00 specialty menu items including slices of pizza, mini subs and wraps if guests want to purchase lunch.
WHAT: Ashburn Ice House “Skate N’ Celly” Community Day
WHEN: Saturday, August 24
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The event will be held rain or shine.
WHERE: Ashburn Ice House
21595 Smith Switch Road, Ashburn
Visit www.ashburnice.com/skatencelly to pre-register for the event.
# # #
Ashburn Ice House is a state-of-the-art facility located conveniently in the center of Ashburn, VA. Since 1998, the Ashburn Ice House has provided an outlet for figure skaters, hockey players, just-for-fun folks and first-daters. From pure recreation to pro competition, Ashburn Ice House is where Loudoun County skates.
The Ashburn Ice House features two indoor NHL-sized ice rinks, office space, locker rooms, a full-service ProShop, a weight training facility, and an in-house restaurant Pomodoros. The Ice House is easily accessible off of Route 28 and Route 7. The facility is a year round indoor ice skating facility.